CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS: Soup-Off Competition
presented by Center for the Arts & Wyoming Humanities Council
Thursday, December 13
11:00am – 1:00pm
Center for the Arts Theater Lobby
Calling all non-profits:
Center for the Arts and Wyoming Humanities Council are organizing a Soup-Off competition on December 13, 2012 in conjunction with the arrival of Key Ingredients: America by Food, a museum on Main Street, Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibition.
Non-profit organizations are invited to participate by entering a soup of their choosing in the competition. This event will be open to the public, and attendees will act as soup tasters and judges. Admission to the event will be free, and individual tastes can be purchased for $1. Each tasting ticket will equal one vote. The non-profit organization receiving the most votes will win the cash equivalent of the number of votes received.
Businesses and individuals will be encouraged to support participating non-profit organizations by attending the Soup-Off contest during their lunch hour on December 13.
Key Ingredients: America By Food has been made possible in Jackson by the Wyoming Humanities Council.
Interested in participating? Contact Anne Bradley at the Center via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 307.734.8956 ext.27.
· Registration is first-come, first-served, as space is limited.
· Deadline for registration is Friday, November 30 at 5:00pm.
· No entry fee for participants.
· Participating organizations are encouraged to display information about their services and offerings on their tables during the competition.
· Participants will need to provide 2 gallons of their fully prepared soup. On the day of the event, participants will deliver their warm soup to the Center for the Arts theater lobby by 10:00am. Participants will need to bring their own ladel.
· Chaffing dishes, tasting cups, and spoons will be provided.