Presented by Skinny Skis
Skinny Skis presents a night of Outdoor Education in support of Teton County Search and Rescue at The Center!
This annual event will feature presentations that focus on:
- Condition Orange: Risk Assessment and Situational Awareness in Avalanche Terrain
- The Early Season Snowpack
- Teton Pass Update and Considerations
- New Developments with the Lab and Hotline
- A Review of JHMR background gate statistics and BC Zero programs (#dontknowdontgo)
- "The Winter Forecast"
Keynote Speaker: David Page
David is a national award-winning journalist and senior correspondent for Powder Magazine based in Mammoth Lakes, in the heart of California’s High Sierra. His multimedia series on decision-making in avalanche terrain, The Human Factor, garnered two consecutive Maggies and was nominated for a National Magazine Award.
Sarah Carpenter, American Avalanche Institute
Jay Pistono, Teton Pass Ambassador
Mike Rheam, Bridger-Teton Avalanche Forecast Center
AJ Wheeler, MD, Teton County Search and Rescue
Jamie Yount, Meteorologist and Avalanche Technician, WYDOT